Monday, May 29, 2006

My First Felted Purse!



What do you think? This is my first felted purse and I love it! I am giving this to my son's girlfriend for Christmas. I am extremely proud of it. Purple is her favorite color, so I know she will love it. The thought of her birthday at the end of June is tempting me to give it to her early. I don't know if I will be able to stop myself from giving it to her then, instead of waiting for Christmas. If I can't restrain myself, I guess I will just have to make her something else for Christmas. (tee hee)

I must confess that I love knitting and have become addicted, like all good knitters. But, I find that my everyday life, such as work, is interferring with my craft. I don't know how my girlfriends can have so many knitting projects going and getting completed, when I am struggling with just two at the moment. If I didn't have to work, sleep or eat I think I would make much better progress. Oh well, I am sure I will figure things out, or at least get a little faster with my knitting.

I am still working on the sweater for my granddaughter for her Christmas gift. I am sad to admit that I am having a little trouble with it. But I think it will all turn our okay. I just need to remember not to knit when I am tired. I tend to make hugh mistakes. (ugh!) Anyway, as with all my projects, I will post a picture when I am done.

3 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

The purse is gorgeous!!! I keep saying that's what I'll start next and then I put it off... I am struggling with the fear of the unknown. But if I can get one half as nice as yours, it'll be worth it! Don't wait for Christmas! She's gonna be *SO* impressed! It's BEAUTIFUL! (Like you.)

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger knitknak said...

Nice Job girly girl!!!! It must have been felted in a very special washing machine....hehehe.

Thanks for all of your help...you know what I mean!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Old Knitter said...

You are soooo talented!!!!! I say give her the purse as a B-day present . . . you will probably want to make her some new fantastic for christmas. This also gives you the opportunity to make one for yourself!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home