Saturday, June 30, 2007

What is a girl to do?

Okay, so I know that I promised to blog every week, and I believe that I am almost two weeks from my last blog, but I have good excuses! 1. Work has been hectic. I have a new gal that I have been training and so when I get home at night I am too tired to get on my home computer. 2. New computers were bought for our office and my boss has been trying to get them up and running all week, as our computer guy baled out on us. Keep in mind my boss is an attorney, and he knows pretty much nothing about internet, computers, networks, etc. Got the picture? So of course my computer is the one that he has had the most trouble with. Meaning that I lost my internet access! What a tragedy! So any time that I use to be able to do a little cheat blogging has been non-existent! Can you feel my pain? 3. Last, but not least, I procrastinated and the time just flew by. Okay that's all I am going to say about that. But hope I gave you some good reading material.

So, now how about an update on other parts of my life. Well, my son and his family have gone to Idaho for one week to visit my daughter-in-laws family. They have been gone all of 14 hours and I am missing them already. I talked to them as they were on the road heading out of town at 10:30 p.m. and I could hear my little grandson Jaden fussing and I just wanted to reach through the phone and give him a hug and kiss. Geez, can you believe that I am such a sap for tears! They called me at 11:00 a.m. today and let me know that they had made it safe and that the kids were happy and fully of energy. So I was able to breath a little easier and will just have to wait a week to get my grandma fix.

I had big plans for this weekend, but my back had other ideas. I somehow got my lower back into a bad bind and find that I can only sit for short periods of time and only on hard surfaces. Actually, the truth is that my lower back has been a little soar and tight for the past three days, but I just thought it would work its way out. I continued with my jazzercise routine and my lunch time work out routine thinking it would get better. Well, by Friday I could not even sit for 5 minutes without being in pain, so I did the right thing and got in to see my Chiropractor. He adjusted me and said if I would just do a little stretching and iced it I should be better by Monday. He made it clear that I needed to take a few days off of my usual work out routine in the meantime. Of course, no where in that conversation did he say I would be pain free, but that is what my brain told me. Joke was on me, as I finally had to get out of bed this morning at 10 minutes to 7 because I was in such pain I could not stand being in bed any longer. All I did was pace around the house for the first few hours. Thank goodness I know my limits and called my girlfriend Roni and got some sage advice. So here I am at 3pm, feeling a little better with high hopes of tomorrow being a much better day.

Tell you how good of friend Roni is. She actually came over and we walked to a nearby Jamba Juice store and then walked back home. The walking really did feel pretty good, and I am alternating heat and ice now, with still loads of Ibuprofin. She knew I was going stir crazy so she was willing to give me a little company and exercise on a moderated scale. On top of all that, she has invited me over for dinner, a movie (Cassablance, which neither of has ever seen) and jaccuzzi. Oh my back is going to be very happy. See what a great friend she is! And yes my fellow knitters, I am going to be taking knitting with me to work on too. Remember, I am really far behind on all my projects.

Well, I think I have sat long enough things are starting to get a little uncomfortable so gotta go for now. I will continue to blog when time allows. But rest assured, it will not be 6 months at a time. Heh! I have too much to keep you posted on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home