Monday, November 13, 2006

Thoughts about the weekend

This past weekend was my Legal Secretaries November Quarterly Conference that was held here in Chico. Each association is able to bid for the conference to host it in their local, and Southern Butte, won the bid for this conference. This made it extremely convenient for me, as I could sleep in my own bed every night. The conference ran from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning. There were good classes and lots of women that attended. I usually am very tired after conferences and this one was no different. It is more a mental tired than physical. We do a lot of business in the Governor's meeting and then we have the classes where we are suppose to learn things we don't know, or brush up on things that we think we know. I had a great time and enjoyed everyone as well. But you know, there was one thing that has just stuck in my head from the whole conference that I want to share with everyone. Our local female police leutenant spoke to us at Sunday brunch, and she quoted something to us at the end of her time that I cannot get out of my head. She said it was in a book written by Victor Frankel (not sure if I spelled his name correct) and the quote was this......."the ability of us to choose our attitude, regardless of the circumstance"..... I struggle so much with this issue of attitude and circumstances that it just hit me square between the eyes. So simple, yet so profound. Anybody else feel the same as me? Too serious, right? Okay enough said.

Now, I don't want you to think that I didn't take time to knit this past weekend. I actually knitted to unwind. I have been working on a scarf for my secret pal for her November package and finished it Saturday night, actually, Sunday morning as I had insomnia. But, the point is I finished it and it is wonderful. I asked Brooke to put it on so I could take a picture of it so here it is.

Isn't she lovely? Oh and I gotta tell you that I only just learned that you can drag and drop your pictures anywhere in you post, thanks to Roni! That is why all my past pictures have been at the top of my post. Silly me!

Anyway, what do you think of the scarf? Isn't the fringe a perfect finish? Again, thanks to Roni's suggestion. I didn't even have it as a thought in my head.

I put it in the package to my secret pal, along with a couple other things and in the mail it went today. She lives in New Jersey, so I am sure that she will use it to keep her neck warm. I have to be honest, I was a little tempted to keep it, but was a good girl and didn't.

So one project down, a million left to do. So I am exaggerating a little, but not much. I decided to start the boodle bag next that I owe Faith for her birthday this past September. I love making this purse and it goes fast. Now keep in mind that my secret pal sent me a new purse to make (an I must admit it is killing me not to start it next) but I gotta get these IOU project done before my friends and family write me off. I thought I would cast on Todd's beret tonight too. What the heck, remember the above quote. I get to choose my attitude regardless of my circumstance. So my attitude is "don't worry, be happy". Sometimes I just can't stand myself I am so witty.

Oh! I just thought of another picture I wanted to post. I made the muckluck booties for Jaden while I was in Idaho, but never let you see them. They are too big for him right now. But he will be able to wear them by six months, I am pretty sure. Well darn it! I can't get the picture to post! Guess I will just have to try it again later.

3 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooh Beautiful! And just look at that fringe...what a great idea!!! hehehe

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok damn it....my computer is putting "your sister said" in place of my name every time I comment on a blog now...yeesh...sorry.
Roni

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Old Knitter said...

Love the scraf and the fringe on it . . . surprised Brooke let it out of her reach . . . I would have said thanks for the early christmas gift(hehehe)and yes ones' attitude is everything and effects everyone around us!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home