Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Getting Ready For Christmas

Okay, so we are officially into the Christmas season and I am not ready! I am working on my presents that I had planned on giving, but am I really going to get them done? You tell me. These are what I have going (or as you will see, not going): Kaylee's sweater (I need to do the sleeves and them put it together), Faith's purse (I am 1/2 way done), Tia's scarf (haven't started it yet), Todd's cap (haven't started it yet), Cindy's purse (haven't started it yet), secret pal's slippers (I have 1/2 a sole done), Two doilies for my sister Charlotte (not started yet). I know, I am doomed! All these projects sounded good back 6 months ago. Where did all the time slip off to? At least it is obvious that Kaylee, Faith and probably Tia will get their gifts. I am thinking that I will have to go to plan B for the others. Heh, they have birthdays, I can give their gifts to them then, or next Christmas is still available. See there is always options.

The truth be known, I work well under pressure and usually can pull things together, but I didn't realize that with my son and his family moving in with me that I would not have the time to put towards knitting. After all, my grandbabies want my attention and I just can't ignore them. And Kaylee, my granddaughter, just hasn't gotten the hang of not taking my knitting and running off with it. She thinks it is a game and wants to be involved in whatever I am doing. And let's face it, by the time her bedtime rolls around (9pm) I am too tired to pick up my knitting. Heh, I just thought of another option.......I could put a picture of what they were suppose to get and wrap that up with a note of the expected finished date. Creative don't you think? Okay I hear and see all of my CHAMPS gals laughing and rolling their eyes. I do like to entertain. (ha, ha)

Anybody want to place a friendly wager on whether I get any of them finished? Come on, I love a challenge.

7 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Heather said...

ok, with several adults and a few kids who have no time to knit?
ha! try 6 kids! why do you think i bought so much stuuf blackfriday?

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

I'll take that bet. I'll bet you a lunch at Pluto's that you get a minimum of 5 projects done. And if you don't want lunch, maybe a doily? hehehehe

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your idea of putting a picture of the item in a box . . . I think I'll borrow that idea . . . and I am also finding out about having the granddaughter around all the time and playing with her instead of doing my projects . . . but you know nothing compares to opening that front door in the evening and being greeted with a little face that lights up with a smile when she see ya . . . this is true love!!!!!
LindaB

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger knitknak said...

excuses excuses...come on girlfriend...you can do it. You can always sneak over to my house which is baby free and knit as long as you want!

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give a man a fish - he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime. I say, give the unfinished gifts with a coupon to teach them how to knit. They can finish it themselves!! It's two gifts in one!!

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heellloooo - anybody home (tap tap tap). Hey lady - you were a no-show at jazzercize last night - no blog posting in darn near a month. What - too busy driving a NEW CAR or something?? LOL. I miss you - now post something gosh darn it.. like all your finished christmas knitting.

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the holiday knitting is going well and you are enjoying everything about the season!

xoxox,

SP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home