Sunday, July 22, 2007

I think I am on a roll now!

Wow, here I am ready to rock and roll and update my blog. Drat! I see that my promise to blog every week religiously has failed miserably. Good intentions, but lack of discipline. Or maybe just time. Either way, I have some blogging to do.

Where do I start? First I guess I should start from the beginning, where ever that is.

I think I should share with you that I got to spend yesterday with my granddaughter Kaylee. I received a call from Chad, my oldest son, saying that Kaylee wanted to spend the day with me. Yes, I bought it hook, line and sinker. Wouldn't you? Anyway, we all ended up meeting at the children's park in Bidwell Park and spent an hour playing on the toys and visiting. Then I got to take Kaylee to the book store so I could buy the new Harry Potter book and we could spend time in the children's section. We had such a blast. She finally decided on a Mother Goose book, which grandma bought for her. We then went to IHOP and had lunch. I did not realize how much fun lunch could be. Her mom came to pick her up at my house at 5:30 p.m, so I had a full day of memories with my Kaylee.

Next weekend will be my first weekend to have both the grandbabies stay overnight with me. I have big plans and I am sure more memories will be created. I so love being a grandma. I just didn't know it would be this way.

Now I should move on to my birthday being on Friday the 13th this year. I am not a superstitious person, usually, though every once in a while when the 13th falls on a Friday, I find I am a little more cautious. Well this year's birthday went off without a hitch. Work celebrated by having cake and champagne the day before my birthday, I got oodles of e-mail cards and birthday cards. My sons, daughter-in-law and grandbabies all came over on Sunday to have a BBQ and cake and ice cream. What more could I ask for? So now I am another year older, but feel years younger. Go figure. Here are few pictures from our time together.







Now, I don't know how many of you remember my past blogs about the doilies that I promised to make my sister Charlotte. Yes, it has been almost a year and one-half since I promised those doilies. But guess what! I finally got them, well at least one of them, started! I have tried to crochet the blue and white varigated doily, and have started and ripped it out at least 4 times. Well, my friend Lynne, also known as the mutant penguin, agreed to come over for pizza the day after my Birthday BBQ and help me get started. And started she did get me. Actually, she came up with the brilliant idea of starting the red and green doily as that pattern was easier. Duh! Never crossed my mind to do that. No, I just would rather frustrate myself by trying to crochet a more difficult pattern. Keep in mind that I have not crocheted for at least 10 years. Yes, I believe it must be like riding a bike, but good grief, I think I need training wheels. Well, the good news is that I am breezing along rather nicely, and I think that this little doily is going to make it way to my sister before her birthday in September. Of course she has threatened me with disowning me if she doesn't have it before her birthday. But, she loves me and she would never follow through on that........right sis? Anyway, I have taken a picture of the both doilies that I will be making so you can see what is going on.






I guess the picture is a little dark so you can't tell that the thread is burgundy, but look how much I have done so far. Of course I won't be starting the blue and white varigated one until I finish the red and green one. Lynn and I decided with the pattern on the left that the center will be the burgundy color and the forest green will be the outside rows. We think it will look beautiful when it is done. The pattern on the lower right is the one that I will be making out of the blue varigated. It should look beautiful when it is done.


I think I have you completely updated for now. I hope you enjoy reading about what's been going on in my neck of the woods. Until next time. Toodles.

1 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm. perhaps posting quarterly is a better idea.. Did you ever make that purse kit we got at Stitches West? Wanna do it as a knit along together?? Post sometime will ya?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home