Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Champs






Here we are this past Sunday afternoon at my home doing what we do best. Knitting! These are the gals that make up our Champs group. Champs stands for "Chicks having a movie and potluck". The "s" is because there are more than one of us. Lynn, the gal on the right in blue jeans and white Tshirt, is the one that came up with our name. We try to get together at one of our homes once a month. We eat a little (okay so maybe a lot), watch a chick flick and knit till we drop. It usually starts at noon and goes until 5 or so. We also meet twice a month on a Sunday for a couple of hours at our favorite knitting store "Knit Wits". We started out as 5 and now we are 8. These are a great bunch of gals and I enjoy getting together with them. Anne, the one in the rocking chair is one of our newest additions. Sunday was her first day of learning to knit. There are a couple other gals that were there too, but I can't seem to get their pictures to go where I want them. Alas, I guess I will have to put them in another post.

7 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Old Knitter said...

My husband says the same thing . . . he can't seem to get me to go where he wants to put me either . . . that was a fun! fun!! fun!!! CHAMPS gettogether!!!!

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Heather said...

i had hoped to see brooke spinning in the picture! heehee!
looks like you guys had a nice day! hi to everyone for me!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger knitknak said...

Hey....I thought we were going to get together and do something about the pics on this post....???
What do you hear from your SP?

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger cablegal said...

Okay Roni, I fixed the picture so tell me what you think now.

Well, she sent me an e-mail a couple of weeks ago saying she had a package to mail to me, but was having a little trouble coordinating getting it sent. I expect it will arrive soon.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger knitknak said...

Always the optimist huh Julie? hehehe I hope so, you are a very patient spoilee....

I love the new picture....Just look at how skinny my thighs look, oh wait, you can't see my thighs in this version....well take my word for it....they are skiiiiinny!!!!! ;)

 
At 6:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay - so i finally got it in the mail. it got returned to me because i didn't take it to the post office. i took it to the post office monday - i hope you get your package soon. i'm taking this as a learning experience - so now i know for next time.

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Rock n roll dress Inexpensive wheelchairs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home