Monday, July 10, 2006

What a Surprise!

Wow! My Champs group is awsome, not to mention sneaky. Sunday was one of our scheduled movie, food and knitting days. We were to meet at Roni's house and bring our favorite snack and knitting project. Everyone showed up, conversation began as well as knitting projects, plates were filled and off we went. It was all as usual until it was time for the DVD movie to begin. I decided that I wanted my dessert with the movie, so I got up, announced I wanted cake, and walked into the kitchen. Teri had made this wonderful sounding "earthquake" cake, but it looked to good to cut, so I told her she should cut it up. Keep in mind I am obviously not in the loop......so she says she will cut the cake and for me to sit down and she will bring me a piece. I still didn't get it.......so the next thing I see is Teri and Roni walking out of the kitchen with cake dish in hand, on fire and singing "Happy Birthday" to me! All the other gals chimmed in and it was wonderful! I was so surprised and elated. I just can't tell you how my friends made me feel I got a beautiful plant, a "you had to be there" card and a gift certificate to one of my favorite yarn stores! How great is that! Do I feel special and loved? You bet your sweet bippy I do. Thanks ladies......you really did make it a special day for me.

7 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

You always make US feel special and loved. WE are lucky to have YOU for a friend!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Heather said...

happy birthday!

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi B-day girl. party like it's 1999! (old Prince tune - or have you forgotten stuff in your "old" age? LOL. We love you b-day girl. Now use that gift certifiate on YOU - and remember you can't lick just any "batter" LOL..

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a special day for a special friend Julie. Happy Birthday!

 
At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sound like it was a blast and you have great friends - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Old Knitter said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE!!!! . . . thanks for letting us share your special day! LOL!!!!

 
At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Tv network shop Noise pollution fire alarms http://www.vancouver-web-site-promotion.info/pay-per-click-advertising.html drug protonix used for Online pharmacy tramadol carisoprodol Free xxx online webcams Discover miles card http://www.xenical-cheap.info/Xenical3.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home