Friday, August 25, 2006

Sad to see it end

Well, I wasn't sure what I wanted to post this time, so have been giving it a lot of thought. I could post about my conference I attended last weekend in Southern California, or I could post a picture of my pregnant daughter-in-law with my pregnant looking son, or pictures of the baby booties that I am currently working on or sharing what I have coming up in the next few months. But I decided this morning after reading my e-mails that I wanted to post about SP8 drawing to a close.

I just want to say, that I have enjoyed this experience more than words can describe. My gal that I have been spoiling has appreciated me every single step of the way. She has allowed me to go places I probably will never be able to visit, though I am going to try and she has shared her life so eloquently on her blog that I really do feel that I have known her for years.

My mom raised me that it is much better to give than to receive and I do live by that motto. But, what I guess I never got until now is how much I "get" back in return. Everytime I read her blog or when she responds to my e-mails or even when I am typing my e-mails to her, I find that I am smiling the whole time. How awsome is that!

I have sent my last package off and it should be arriving today at its destination. With each item that I chose, I felt a little pang of sadness that it would be the last thing I would be choosing for her. I have obviously revealed myself in this package and she will now have a name and a face to go along with everything else. Have I had fun? Absolutely! Will I do it again? Probably. It does take a little time and effort, but I have to admit it was so worth it.

If anyone would like to check out my wonderful gal's blog, please visit kaekiknits.blogspot.com. You will not be disappointed with what you read and see. She has a wonderful gift of expression and a heart that jumps out at you from her sharing.

Now, I do not want to be remise in talking about the gal that spoiled me as well. We had a little rocky start in the beginning, but she has been wonderful to me. Her packages and contact has been positive and I do feel spoiled in return. I hope that she will continue on with future SPs, as I think she feels she didn't do a good job. So I want to make sure she knows, she did GREAT.

Thanks to all for such a wonderful experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home