Monday, August 14, 2006

What a wonderful time





Uncle Nathan with Kaylee





I had a most wonderful weekend with my family. My oldest son Chad, my daughter-in-law Tia and my sweet granddaughter Kaylee where here from Idaho for a visit and a baby shower for my soon to be born grandson, Kyle. I cannot begin to tell you how much fun this grandma had with her little darlings. As you can see, Kaylee is going to be quite a musician. She loves the piano and of course grandma encourages her too. I went to the Silver Sand Box to pick up a musical mobile for the baby shower and low and behold they were having a hugh sale! I left there with five new outfits for Kaylee and boy was it fun shopping. Kaylee was so excited when I took the outfits out of the bag, she loves to try on clothes and she was a blast to watch her get excited with each outfit. They left today, so now my home is empty and quiet. I will be traveling to Idaho the end of September, first part of October for Kyle's birth, but it seems so far away. I got to read "The Little Engine That Could" (at least 5 times), color, watch Disney's "Shaggy Dog" and play to my hearts content with Kaylee. She is the apple of my eye and I am so proud to be her grandma. I have to admit that I didn't get a lick of knitting done while they were here, but I think that is forgiveable. I did buy some new yarn to make booties for Kyle just before they got here. I actually thought I would knit them while they were here. But, that didn't happen so now I will take them with me when I go to visit at his birth.

Guess you can tell that Uncle Nathan also has a soft spot for Kaylee. Yes, she is our first and only grandchild so forgive me for being so single focused. My youngest son, Nathan is a great Uncle and Kaylee loves him dearly too.

My daughter-in-law Tia is a jewel as well (she and my son Chad are in the picture on the left). I could not of chosen a better mate for my son. She is a wonderful mom and I love to watch her with Kaylee. She is so calm and gentle with her, even when she is disciplining. Can you tell how proud I am?

Aside from being a little sad that they are gone, I am one very content mom and grandma.

5 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

proud??? you??? nooooo hahaha. glad you had a nice visit....but how come no pics of the mommy tummy? hahaha, she's doing a good job of hiding it from the camera!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

I hope that I can be as good at this Grammy business as you seem to be! I know I will love it, too, and yet I also know how you feel being so far away. Gives us people to knit for... remember that! I just KNEW you'd have a great time and I'm glad you did!

 
At 3:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grandchildren are such a blessing aren't they . . . I am so glad that you had a wonderful visit with your kids and granddaughter . . . I know how quite the house seems after they leave . . . but remember next time they visit there will be one more to spoil and love!

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so MAYBE, I could change my mind about becoming a "grandma", but really, can we call me something else?? I don't feel like a grandma - but then again, I'm not one yet.. maybe i'll feel different later.. hmmmm. Seriously, I could feel the love coming off your post. You be a good grammy.

 
At 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. do it yourself stripping refinishing furniture 2000 kia and paint codes Iontophoresis acyclovir micro swimwear wicked weasel bikini Pissing i shacklee vitamins http://www.mercedes-benz-s-500-lwb-piston.info/Bmw_mini_cooper_parts.html body builder how to measure your swimwear size Broker+currency+forex

 

Post a Comment

<< Home