Sunday, October 22, 2006

Catching Up

Well I have been back home for exactly one week today. Work was not that bad, much to my surprise.

On Saturday, while I was at WalMart, my receptionist, Faith called to tell me that she had gotten into an accident. No one was hurt thank goodness, but her car needs a little repair. She tangled with a big SUV. She said it was in an uncontrolled intersection and the SUV hit her. Of course the lady in the SUV feels differently about it. But it seems to me that since the SUV ran over the top of the front of Faith's car, that Faith was there first. Oh well, guess she has some stuff to work out, and unfortunately she only has the minimum insurance.

On another note, I just finished talking to my son Chad. He and the family are leaving Idaho tomorrow to move here! He said they should be here tomorrow night! It is a little ahead of schedule so I didn't get the carpets cleaned, but I guess they will need to be cleaned after they move anyway. I was going to paint the computer room, where the babies are going to sleep too, but I guess that is gonna have to wait until they move too. They only plan on living with me until the first of January, so no big deal. Thank goodness I started cleaning out closets and such yesterday, but today I am going to have to kick butt to get it all done so there is room for their stuff. Oh well, I function well under pressure.

I feel like I am getting back to my old self too. I actually have room on my calendar for a knitting day with my knitting group. We are getting together on the 29th and I can hardly wait to see them. It has been almost three months since I had time for them. How sad is that?

I have my Legal Secretaries Conference Committee meeting this Wednesday too. Our conference is only 10 months out and there is so much still to do. This should be the we gotta get in gear meeting so I expect that we will all be ready to start getting things going and on board. It is a great group of gals, so I have no concern that we won't get things done.

Oh! I don't want to forget to talk about SP9 either. My spoiler has been keeping in constant contact with me. She is wonderful! I came home to an e-mail from her and she has sent me a couple more, plus comments on my blog. And it is only one week since it started! Wow! I feel very lucky.

Now, don't think that I have forgotten about my gal I am to spoil. No, no. I made sure to send her an e-mail on the 16th, and I am putting her first package in the mail on Monday. She is a realitively new knitter, but an advanced crocheter. She also is a cat rescuer. She lives in New Jersey, just like my SP8 gal. I wonder if they know each other. Chances are probably pretty slim. I am very excited to get to know her better and to spoil her through the holidays. I will post more about her later as we go.

Guess I should get to going, as the rooms aren't going to clean themselves. Darn!

2 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger knitknak said...

Hey missy....good luck with all that prep work you're doing today.... Glad the kids will be there soon, how exciting for you!
I'm doing the house cleaning thing today too wooohooo (so what am I doing at the computer?) Gotta go I guess....
let's do coffee soon....very soon.
R

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

clean carpets, paint? are you kidding me? Your house is so clean, I'd eat off your floors. Besides - the fumes of paint dont go well with babies - your out of luck my friend. sit back enjoy the babies and knit! (PS - If you really have the urge to knit, swing by my house - We have need for painters!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home