Monday, October 16, 2006

Here is Jaden




I just got back from Idaho last night and am posting the pictures of my new grandson, as I promised. Jaden Lyle Tiraterra was born on October 4 at 5:12 p.m., in Nampa, Idaho, weighing 6lbs, 8 ozs and 19 inches long. He looks just like his daddy and this grandma is extremely proud. I missed his birth by approximately 1 hour as my flight didn't get into Boise until 6:15 p.m., but I still got to hold him and welcome him into this world within the first two hours of his little life. As you can see from the middle picture, his big sister Kaylee is very proud too.

I cannot begin to share how enjoyable the last week in a half has been for me. I got to play grandma not only to Jaden but to Kaylee. My son Chad and I got to reconnect as mom and son and I got to get to know my daughter-in-law Tia better too.

I also got a surprise in that my son and daughter-in-law have decided to move back to California. They will be staying with me for a couple of months until they are able to find their own place. Two days before Jaden was born, my son Chad lost his job. Due to this situation, the kids decided that maybe they needed to move back to where both of their families live and see if they could get their old jobs back. They contacted their old employer, who immediately said "when can you start?". They will be starting their new jobs on November 1st, so plan on arriving in Chico the end of the month. They admit that the Idaho move was one of the worst ideas they ever had, but a great learning experience.

This grandma is shouting "Christmas at my house" already! Yahoo!

10 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulatios!!! Grandma
Weve been thinking of you everyone
keeps asking about you and the baby so I thought I had better see what I could find out Nice Surprise!
God bless you guys
Love Dawn
and the rest of the gang down here.

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulatios!!! Grandma
Weve been thinking of you everyone
keeps asking about you and the baby so I thought I had better see what I could find out Nice Surprise!
God bless you guys
Love Dawn
and the rest of the gang down here.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Heather said...

hurray! my mom is hoping for the same. my brother and SIL showed up this weekend and are looking into moving here too.
beautiful boy!

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG...I couldn't be more happy for you grandma!!!! (think I'll just call you that from now on hehehe)
Great move on the kid's part....yay!!! Common sense prevails... I love it.
You're grandbabies are beautiful...but you already knew that! See ya soon,

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Jody said...

Congrats! I love the name Jaden!

-Jody

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

I am happy for you on so many fronts! How wonderful that not only did you get a lot of time with Chad, Tia, Kaylee and Jaden but THEY ARE COMING BACK HOME!!! YIPPIE!!!n

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Michaela said...

Oh my goodness!!! I am so excited for you -- I can't think of anything happier for you!!! :)

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS on not only being a new Grandma but on the kids moving back . . . yes wishes do come true!!!!

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the CUTEST grandbaby in the whole world. Congrats to you and the rest of the family!

Your Pal

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Congratulations on your beautiful new granson and on having your family close by once more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home