Sunday, October 29, 2006

I am back in the group

I am so happy to announce that I am officially back in with my knitting gals. We met at our favorite hangout, Knit Wits, and spent two hours with them. I have so missed this interaction. Not to mention that I am creating again. There was a gal there teaching a class on Mary Jane slippers, so I took the class. They are crocheted, which I was a little rusty at, but heh I got back in the groove and am making slippers for my secret pal. I think she will like them. They are in pink and white yarn and should not take me but one good evening to complete. Okay, so maybe two or three good evenings. But so what. Devvy also showed me this awsome shrug that I want to make next. I am thinking for a Christmas gift, but maybe I will make one for me first. I really liked it, and it is made out of Alpacca yarn. I was a good girl and didn't buy the pattern or yarn yet, but told Devvy to keep on out for me as I would pick it up next time I am there, which should be in a couple of weeks, I think.

In getting ready for my knitting group I of course had to organize my stash and knitting projects. Boy was I overwhelmed. This is everything that I have in the works that I put on the back burner while I was knitting for my new grandson:
1. Kaylee's sweater for Chritmas
2. Kaylee's hedgehog for Christmas
3. Two crocheted scarves for my sister for her birthday, which was September 11th
4. Cap for my cousin Todd
5. Socks for me
6. Vest for me
7. Bogga Bag Purse for my receptionist Faith for her birthday, which was September 9th
8. Poncho for me

I guess it isn't that bad, I could have 10 projects in the works instead of 8. Is this normal? Okay, so I started a new slipper project, knowing full well I have all these UFOs, does this
make me a full fledged yarn harlot? I read her blog and I believe I fit the description. Yeah, me and all of my friends and fellow knitters out there. It is so comforting to be a member of such a great sport. Enough on that subject.

I have to share with you that my little granddaughter, Kaylee, just came in and gave me a little tickle session. She is so adorable. They just got home from going to her other granny's house and started calling for me as soon as she walked in the door. I just love how much she shows her love for me.

Yes my home is full of life, and I love it. I guess I didn't explain that my son, daughter-in-law, granddaughter and grandson arrived her Tuesday morning at 2:00 a.m., to live with me for a couple of months. They have gotten their old jobs back and start to work on November 1st. I am already making the Thanksgiving dinner plans. I have been told that everyone will be here for it. Which means it will be everyone living in this house, plus my other son, Nathan, and anyone else that gets invited in the meantime. I love to cook and have people come to my home. It has been a while since that has happened, so I am excited.

I am being called to help out with dinner (my job is the baked potatoes) so better go for now. I definately will post more knitting news later. Who knows, I might even have slipper pictures to post.

3 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG . . . you are diffently going to be one busy lady . . . meeting your grandson, and having Kaylee blow out the birthday candles made yesterday a treasured moment! Thank you for letting them share the day with us!!!!!!

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how do you count all those blessings! You'll drop a stitch!! How fun. Grandkids are adorable - just like their gramnda!! Lucky girl - maybe, just maybe, it will be fun to be a grandma.... but not yet.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

You are very blessed! Such a wonderful family! And I, in turn, am equally blessed to call you friend. Enjoy every precious moment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home